James R. Easthom
James Easthom practices corporate and business law, with extensive experience representing business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit corporations in a variety of legal matters ranging from entity formation and organization, business acquisitions, employment law counseling and agreements, private equity transactions, corporate governance matters, trademarks and contracts. James has represented both sellers and buyers in numerous small and large business acquisitions and sales and serves as outside general counsel with respect to the local operations of several multinational businesses.
James has wide-ranging experience providing legal counsel to a number of nonprofits and also has served in leadership positions for many years on local nonprofit boards. He formerly served as corporate in-house counsel with Exide Electronics in Raleigh, North Carolina and began his legal career as a litigator with a large international law firm in Washington DC.
EDUCATION & ADMISSIONS
- J.D., University of Virginia, School of Law
- B.A., Duke University (Economics, Magna cum laude)
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITY
- Durham Central Park Board of Directors, Former Secretary.
- Downtown Durham, Inc. Board of Directors, Former Chair of the Board
- Urban Ministries of Durham, Board of Directors, Former Treasurer
- Durham County Bar Association, North Carolina Bar Association
- Playworks of North Carolina