Jason E. Spain
A North Carolina native, Jason returned to his home state to practice law after travelling nationally and internationally to obtain his education. After graduating with an engineering degree from N.C. State in Raleigh, Jason studied law at DePaul University in Chicago and spent a year studying in Spain, where he was awarded a Masters in International and European Business Law from Comillas Pontifical University in Madrid.
At Kennon Craver Jason focuses on estate planning and administration. He meets with clients daily to help design estate planning documents that fit their individual goals and family dynamics and is available as a resource for clients after their documents are signed to answer questions and help update their plan over time. Jason also works with Executors and Trustees following the death of a loved one and has handled both simple and complex estates before local Clerks of Court in Counties across North Carolina. Jason has presented at continuing education events for accountants, attorneys, and financial advisors on the topics of estate planning and estate administration.
Away from the office, Jason enjoys traveling, playing tennis, being a home barista for family and friends, and spending time with his wife, two children, and their two spaniels.
EDUCATION & ADMISSIONS
- B.S., North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC (2010)
- Master’s Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid, Spain (2012)
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, IL (2013)
- North Carolina State Bar (2013)
- Middle District of North Carolina, Federal District Court (2014)
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITY
- North Carolina Bar Association, Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section